Federation of Computer Association Nepal (CAN Federation), Parsa, Located in the Parsa district was established in 2074 B.S. as an independent, non political, non-profitable, non partisan and service oriented organization. CAN Federation Parsa is an umbrella Organization of the individuals, professionals, organizations and Institutions working in the field of Information and Communication Technology in Parsa. CAN Federation Parsa is associated with Federation of Computer Association Nepal (CAN Federation) which has been formed with the involvement of professionals, specialists, manufacturers, institutions and the related organization of Computer and Information Technology within the country…
CAN Federation Parsa was started in 24th Chaitra 2075 B.S. and after establishment of CAN Federation Parsa, it works activley toward the field of Computer.
CAN Federation is envisioned as a mutually beneficial, service oriented, forum for exchange of ideas and sharing of experiences,resource and information center and focal point for agencies and individuals from the ICT sector of Nepal.
Building e-Nepal: together we CAN
- To assist in the utilization, enhancement and promotion of Information and Computer Technology within the country and to play as the major body in facilitating private ICT organizations.
- Help to develop strategies to meet the necessary requirements for the development of literacy and skills regarding computer science.
- To provide and protect rights and privileges, benefits to individuals, institutions, companies and organizations affiliated to CAN Federation.
- To provide support and facilities to general, corporate and honorary members of CAN Federation.
- Ensure ICT advocacy, advisory and implementation with government coordination.
- Play as the major body in facilitating private ICT organizations.
- To assist in the institutional development of Information Communication Technology.
- To assist and develop the synchronization and standardization in the field of ICT training and education.
- To develop coordination among computer professionals with their services.
- To organize and conduct seminars, workshops, talk and training programmes and to provide consultancy and R & D services.
- To exchange knowledge, skill and technology in the field of information and communication technology with similar types of organizations within and outside the country.
- To assist in the field of technology transfer, export, import and formulation of national policies.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Annual programs like CAN Info-Tech, CAN Sof-Tech, National ICT Day, ICT Excellence Award and ICT Conference are held and have recognized in the national as well as international level.
- CAN- USA and CAN –Japan have been established as chapter members.
- CAN Federation has 53 district branches across the country.
- Member of Asian-Oceanian Computing Industry Organization (ASOCIO), World Information Technology Services Alliance (WITSA)
- Participation of CAN Federation in National and International forum.
- CAN Federation conduct International ICT Conference.
- CAN Federation conducts regional Network Meetings and capacity development training programs on a regular basis.
- Closly working with Nepal Government & World Bank Group.