CAN Info-Tech 2018
CAN Info-Tech is a major activity of Computer Association of Nepal (CAN) that brings together national and international Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Networking Devices and Solutions, Mobile Solutions, Security Solutions, ISPs, Product Launch/New Products, Wireless Solutions, Banking Solutions, IT Enabled Services Solutions, Anti-Virus, e-Governance, Access Control and Security Solutions under single umbrella for business platform, promotion, exhibition and knowledge transfer. CAN Info-Tech is a forum for latest technological displays to create awareness about IT applications, to promote Nepali IT sector around the world and to create ICT application awareness and computer literacy.
Theme of the exhibition
This is a platform where National and International organizations can exchange knowledge, skill and technology in the field of Computer and Information Technology.
Objectives of the exhibition
- Identifying the needs of domestic ICT industries and facilitating them.
- Developing a common platform for ICT industries professionals to interact with.
- Communicate with customers to clearly define their requirements and provide solutions that satisfy the community's business need.
- Promote sharing of IT resources (including data, information, expertise and technologies) among agencies.
- For enhancing international and inter agency relationship.
- Publicizing company Association.
- To create ICT application awareness and computer literacy.
The two day ICT Conference that is organized along with CAN Info-Tech is an ideal forum to showcase ICT products and services among a wide range of ICT Professionals, policy and decision makers. Among others with presentations from national and International presenters the conference provides a unique opportunity to take stock of developments made in Nepali ICT space in addition to providing a rare opportunity to engage with ICT community as the-art technologies and emerging ICT trends. In addition, it is also an ideal forum to develop informed understanding that could be brought to bear upon technology acquisition decision.
Computer Association of Nepal celebrates May 2nd as ICT day in recognition of the ever increasing relevance of the convergence of telecommunications, computer, hardware, software and audio-visuals in the last one decade or so in an information age. This day thus underlines the importance that information, knowledge and technology play in modern socio-economic development by highlighting the importance of ICT as a tool of development. From last two years other organization are also jointly organizing and participating in this program. ICT excellence award is awarded to the IT companies who have been contributing for the development of ICT in the country.
Importance of ICT Day
The purpose for the celebration of ICT day is to raise awareness of the need to collectively profit from the possibilities offered by ICTs; to encourage the private sector and civil society to work together to improve access to infrastructure, enforce capacities and increase confidence and safety in the use of ICT, to support and raise consciousness towards developing Nepali cultures and cultural diversity.
It also underlies the fact that information, knowledge and technology will only continue to become the key to move Nepal’s industrially weak, subsistence based economy towards a knowledge economy if Nepal develops and implements comprehensive integrated ICT-led socio-economic development policies, strategies and plans. ICT day is regarded as the overall festival of all ICT related people, organization, industries and department of IT. It is generally acknowledged that ICT will pave the way for Nepal to bridge the digital divide and make a success of its transformation from an ancient society to a knowledge society. It will help to guide the development and implementation of e-governance, as well as electronic commerce, business strategies and action plans.
Objective of ICT Day
- Create the necessary enabling environment to facilitate the placement, utilization and exploitation of ICT within the economy and society.
- Support the development of a viable knowledge-based ICT industry to facilitate the production, manufacturing, development, delivering, and distribution of ICT products and services.
- Promote an improve educational system within which ICT widely deployed to facilitate the delivery of educational services at all levels of the educational system
- Facilitate the development, expansion, rehabilitation and the continuous modernization of the national information and communications infrastructure
- Accelerate the development of women and eliminating gender inequalities in education, employment, decision making through the deployment and exploitation of ICT by building capacities and providing opportunities for girls and women
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the necessary legal, institutional and regulatory framework and structures required for supporting the deployment, utilization and the development of ICT.
- Facilitate the development and promotion of the necessary standards, good practices and guidelines to support the deployment and exploitation of ICT within the society and economy.
CAN Soft-Tech is a major activity of Computer Association of Nepal (CAN) that brings together national and international Software, Networking Solutions, Mobile Solutions, Security Solutions, ISPs, Product Launch/New Products, Wireless Solutions, Banking Solutions, IT Enabled Services Solutions, Data center Solutions, SMB, New Product Launch, Anti Virus, e-Governance, Access Control and Security Solutions, BPO developers under single umbrella for business platform, promotion, exhibition and knowledge transfer. It is an opportunity to share ideas, demonstrate products and services, and information exchange for national and international software developers/products and software users/professionals engaged in various IT related industries. At the event separate time slots and premises are allocated for demonstration of products.
| Posted on : 7th December, 2018
Posted by : Shristi Maharjan
Updated on : 3rd December, 2018
|International Girls in ICT Day-2019...
24th May, 2019
|Website development and ICT Awareness Workshop...
5th May, 2019
|ICT Day 2019 (2076/1/19)...
3rd May, 2019
|National ICT DAY 2019...
2nd May, 2019
|Technical Session on Blockchain for IT Head...
4th January, 2019
|CAN Info-Tech 2018...
7th December, 2018
|Morang College level conference morang...
4th November, 2018
|College level conference...
11th October, 2018
|Adarsha Kanya Secondary School...
29th July, 2018
|CSTFNP Madan Smarak School...
29th July, 2018