About Federation of Computer Association Nepal [CAN]
Computer Association of Nepal (CAN) was formed in May 1992 but was formally registered in December 1992 and later registered as Federation of Computer Association Nepal (CAN Federation) in January 2015 with the involvement of professionals, specialists, institutions and related organizations from the Information Communication Technology sector in Nepal. It is an umbrella organization with membership base ranging from ICT Institutions, Associations to Individuals working in this sector. CAN Federation works along with the lines of an autonomous, non-political, non-partisan, non-profit and service-oriented sector of ICT.
CAN Federation is envisioned as a mutually beneficial, service oriented, forum for exchange of ideas and sharing of experiences, resource and information center and focal point for agencies and individuals from the ICT sector of Nepal.
Building e-Nepal: together we CAN
- To assist in the utilization, enhancement and promotion of Information and Computer Technology within the country and to play as the major body in facilitating private ICT organizations.
- Help to develop strategies to meet the necessary requirements for the development of literacy and skills regarding computer science.
- To provide and protect rights and privileges, benefits to individuals, institutions, companies and organizations affiliated to CAN Federation.
- To provide support and facilities to general, corporate and honorary members of CAN Federation.
- Ensure ICT advocacy, advisory and implementation with government coordination.
- Play as the major body in facilitating private ICT organizations.
- To assist in the institutional development of Information Communication Technology.
- To assist and develop the synchronization and standardization in the field of ICT training and education.
- To develop coordination among computer professionals with their services.
- To organize and conduct seminars, workshops, talk and training programmes and to provide consultancy and R & D services.
- To exchange knowledge, skill and technology in the field of information and communication technology with similar types of organizations within and outside the country.
- To assist in the field of technology transfer, export, import and formulation of national policies.
Key Achievements and Activities
- First Industry Government Dialogue
- Annual programs like CAN Info-Tech, CAN Softech, CAN ComTech, National ICT Day, ICT Excellence Award, B2B Summit, National-Province-District level ICT Conference are held and have recognized in the national as well as international level.
- CAN- USA and CAN –Japan have been established as chapter members.
- CAN Federation has 74 district branches across the country.
- Member of Asian-Oceanian Computing Industry Organization (ASOCIO) and represents the board member.
- Member of World Information Technology Services Alliance (WITSA), represents to the board member.
- Participation of CAN Federation in National and International forum.
- CAN Federation conduct International ICT conference.
- CAN Federation conducts regional Network Meetings and capacity development training programs on a regular basis.